having a baby

7 weeks, 5 days

Well it wasn't just me who created this baby. I had to tell the father. He was a friend, who was a one time thing, and probably never expected this to happen. I pulled up to his house in tears. I waited in the car thinking how he was possibly going to react. I didn't even know how to tell him. Hey, how are you? By the way, we are having a baby. Oh my gosh I can't believe this is happening. I text him telling him I was outside and needed to talk. I hadn't talked to him in weeks, I think he knew what was up. I told him that I had gone to the clinic a couple days ago and the doctor said I was seven weeks pregnant. I looked up and saw the shock and fear on his face. I was already a mess in tears. He put his hands over his head and didn't say anything. H asked how sure I was and I handed him that pink verification paper. He read it and I further explained what had happened as he still sat in silence.He said he didn't know what to do. He asked what I was going to do and I told him, as a Christian, I don't believe in abortion and I was going to keep the baby. He didn't agreee. He felt that abortion was the only way to go, since we are both so young. I told him I absolutely couldn't do that, but he insisted. He kept saying over and over he didn't know what to do. He said he has a future ahead of him. Like I don't? Hello? He said he was too young to be a father. Like I'm not too young to be a mom? I told him it's both of us in this situation, not just him. I left angry in his unwillingness to think about keeping the baby. I cried all the way home and got a text message from him about an hour later. He asked if I had decided what I was going to do. I told him very simply, "I'm keeping my baby." He then went on to ask if I minded that he wasn't going to be in the picture. Hold up? Do I mind if you are going to be in the picture? Uh, yeah I do mind. I wasn't just me who did this. How are you going to get away scratch free from this whole thing? I texted back "Do what you want." I was so angry and upset. He responded "Oh, okay. I'm sorry I just can't be a father right now." Wow. Leave me hanging why don'tcha? Urgh, I was heated. But I thought to myself, this guy really doesn't want anything to do with me or my baby. Then so be it. He decided he didn't want to be in the picture. How? I have no idea. But that's what it came down to. I'm not going to force him to be in this baby's life. I don't want him regretting it in front of my baby. His attitude was unwanted in my book. It was devastating, knowing I'd have to have this baby on my own. All by myself. But with prayer, and the help of my family, I knew I was able to do it. With or without him, I'm going to get through this.

0 comments: